Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Chris Pittman <cp...@eworkertech.com> on 2002/08/28 22:09:12 UTC

Apache Soap and MS Soap

Hi,

I'm trying to use an Apache Soap 2.3.1 client to connect to a web service
running on an IIS server with MS Soap.  I'm using the document style.  I
have written the server side and tested it using a MS client.  However, I
don't know that much about setting up an Apache client.  Can I use some of
the "standard" code snippets for implementing this, or will I need to be
creative because of the document style?

Thanks,
Chris Pittman
eWorker Technologies

Re: Apache Soap and MS Soap

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you are talking about leaving the
server doc/lit, the answer is no.  The main problem is that Apache SOAP will
always send an encodingStyle attribute in the XML element for the method,
which will hose any MS server.

The "workaround" published as an MSKB article requires tedious coding for
each method call.

I think a doc/lit workaround will be added to Apache SOAP sometime within
the next couple of weeks, but I suppose you won't be able to wait that long
;-)

Scott Nichol

RE: Apache Soap and MS Soap

Posted by Chris Pittman <cp...@eworkertech.com>.