Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2001/08/19 00:35:44 UTC

AddIconByType vs AddIcon

The documentation for AddIcon states:

AddIconByType should be used in preference to AddIcon, when possible.

There is, however, no indication as to why this should be, anywhere
that I could find it. Could someone please suggests what the reasons
are for this recommendation?

Thanks.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
... and another brother out of his mind, and another brother out at New

Re: AddIconByType vs AddIcon

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
My favorite reason?  It means you will see an accurate reflection of the
mime configuration.  And -if- you go to the trouble of setting up your
mime types correctly, everything else tends to fall into place :)