Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/24 18:18:07 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Merge dev lists

[Relaying result to all lists]

The vote to merge dev lists at Jakarta has passed with the following
binding votes cast:

5 +1s:
  Felipe Leme
  Daniel Savarese
  Vadim Gritsenko
  Rahul Akolkar
  Stephen Colebourne

2 +0s:
  Sebastian Bazley
  Rony Flatscher

2 -1s:
  Thomas Vandahl
  Torsten Curdt

I also count 4 non-binding +1s (Mark Murphy, Venkat Krishnamurthy,
Henri Yandell, Jörg Schaible) and 3 non-binding -1s (Hanson Char,
Giuseppe, Tim Cronin). Two non-binding +1s were cast by folks who
until recently were on the PMC (bayard, joehni) so perhaps not giving
their votes enough credit is getting too technical here.

We'll encourage simple conventions (as Commons was mentioned, for
example) to make filtering email, searching archives etc. as
convenient as we can on a shared list. Hope is that will alleviate to
some extent the primary concern of those who've voted against.

I will open an INFRA ticket for this merge in a week or so (after I
post another heads up note with more details, dev mailing list
conventions etc. to the lists).

Thanks to everyone who voted.

-Rahul

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Merge dev lists

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
What?! How can a vote like that be counted as passing? I missed most
of it as I'm only subscribed to bsf-dev and private@ but I didn't vote
as after seeing two -1s I assumed that was the end of it. I'll add a
belated -1 now though. Could BSF opt out and keep our own dev list?

   ...ant