Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2018/02/16 19:30:21 UTC

Re: [OT] asgard tomcat application 404

Tim,

On 2/15/18 5:39 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> I'm trying to get Netflix Asgard tomcat app working. I'm using
> tomcat 9. I'm using windows.
>
> I can load up the tomcat management and other interfaces no
> problem.
>
> But when I navigate to /asgard I get a 404 error:
>
> HTTP Status 404 – Not Found Type Status Report
>
> Message /asgard/
>
> Description The origin server did not find a current representation
> for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one
> exists.
>
> Apache Tomcat/9.0.5
>
> I have JAVA_HOME set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_162
>
> I placed the asgard.war file in the tomcat\webapps directory.
>
> This is what I have in my catalina logs:
>
> 15-Feb-2018 15:59:30.048 INFO [main]
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was
> scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for
> this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no
> TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can
> improve startup time and JSP compilation time. 15-Feb-2018
> 15:59:33.402 SEVERE [main]
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more
> listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the
> appropriate container log file 15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.404 SEVERE
> [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal
> Context [/asgard] startup failed due to previous errors
>
> I have this in the asgard.log file:
>

> [2018-02-15 15:59:33,389] [main]
> springframework.web.context.ContextLoader    Context initialization
> failed org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name 'pluginManager' defined in
> ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]:
> Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
> java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt() on
> null object at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511
)

> at
> java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorSe
rvice.java:112)

> at
> java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorSe
rvice.java:134)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt()
> [...]
> at
> java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorSe
rvice.java:112)

> at
> java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorSe
rvice.java:134)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt()
> on null object ... 5 more
>
> 15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.843 INFO [main]
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log ContextListener:
> contextInitialized() 15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.843 INFO [main]
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log SessionListener:
> contextInitialized() 15-Feb-2018 15:59:33.844 INFO [main]
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log ContextListener:
> attributeAdded('StockTicker', 'async.Stockticker@2cc9371f')
>
> What am I doing wrong? How do I get this working?

Sounds to me like you are finding out what every Spring user discovers
at some point: there is an error, and you have absolutely no idea what
is going on. Discovering what is wrong requires arcane knowledge only
accessible to certain sub-deities. Something with the XML files. Or
the permgen. Or the pom. Or the code. Definitely one of those.

(/me ducks!)

- -chris