Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by "Clough, Samuel (USPC.PRG.Atlanta)" <Sa...@princetonrg.com> on 2008/07/01 16:15:01 UTC

RE: Managing Transactions

We do basically the same thing with a quick check before the
BeginTransaction call to see if a transaction is already open or not.
In the same respect, if one was open before the method call then the
method doesn't commit either thus allowing the original method call to
control the transaction lifecycle.

This allows several method calls to effectively be encapsulated in the
same transaction while still using iBatis semantics.

From: salbass575@hotmail.com
> To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
> Subject: Managing Transactions
> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:53:56 -0400
>

> Hello,
>
> In my application, I am using ibatis inside my repository classes. I
interact with the repository classes in my service layer, and am
wondering if there is anything special I need to do to managing
transactions. Meaning, in my service layer classes, can I just wrap
calls to repository methods inside a TransactionScope? Or, is there a
another suggested pattern for doing this? I will need to have multiple
calls to different repository methods in one transaction.

> Thanks,
> Sal
>
> ________________________________
The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i'm
Talkathon. Check it out!
> ________________________________
Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that
pays you back! Learn More

Princeton Retirement Group, Inc - Important Terms
This E-mail is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any location where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would subject Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any affiliate to any registration requirement within such location.
This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or non-authorized recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute any portion of this E-mail.
The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we cannot represent that the information in this E-mail is complete, accurate, uncorrupted, timely or free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept any liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of delivery. Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review and retain all electronic communications, including E-mail, traveling through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance with local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer wish to receive mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the sender by reply E-mail.

RE: Managing Transactions

Posted by "Michael McCurrey (5318)" <mi...@pinggolf.com>.
We use the Castle framework to handle Services and their automatic
transaction management.

________________________________

Posted by Vincent Apesa <va...@hotmail.com>.
Sal,

Re: Managing Transactions

Posted by Juan Pablo Araya <ju...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, you can use the solution of Samuel Clough:

In the repository classes check if a transaction is opened. If not:

create the transaction, do the insert/update/delete/query and finish
with commit(true) (this closes the transaction). This is the same
solution like the one you have now.

Then, in your service class you can open a transaction, call the
repository methods and then finish with commit (inside the service).
With this, the repository check if a transaction is opened. Because it
is, then the repository classes just do the inserts/updates/.../ and
finish without commit, that is made through the service.

It's just an idea, don't know if this works :S

Greetings and sorry for my poor english!

RE: Managing Transactions

Posted by Sal Bass <sa...@hotmail.com>.