Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mooslechner Martin <ma...@siemens.at> on 2001/12/10 09:05:21 UTC

Get the current HttpSession in OM class

Hi,

in some of my torque generated classes I need to read some HttpSession
attributes.

So I had in mind something like:

TurbineRunData.getRunData().getSession().getAttribute("whatever");

However, unlike the other services, there is no facade class
TurbineRunData which static methods I could use.
Why?

And how can I access the current HttpSession object then?

Thanks for your hints.

Martin,

martin.mooslechner@siemens.at

Re: Get the current HttpSession in OM class

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 12/10/01 3:05 AM, "Mooslechner Martin" <ma...@siemens.at>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in some of my torque generated classes I need to read some HttpSession
> attributes.
>
> So I had in mind something like:
>
> TurbineRunData.getRunData().getSession().getAttribute("whatever");
>
> However, unlike the other services, there is no facade class
> TurbineRunData which static methods I could use.
> Why?

The RunDataService is not meant to be used directly.

> And how can I access the current HttpSession object then?

Via the rundata object that is available during request processing. So in
your screen, action, or request scoped pull tool the rundata object is
there. And you can nab the session info with the rundata.getSession()
method.

> Thanks for your hints.
>
> Martin,
>
> martin.mooslechner@siemens.at