Posted to user@poi.apache.org by mi...@jpmchase.com on 2005/08/08 20:41:53 UTC

Inserting a row in Excel between existing rows using POI HSSF

Sorry if I'm sending this the second time - not sure if the first e-mail
went through:

Hello,
I' m working with POI HSSF and looking for more help on two issues:
1.  Can someone suggest a few lines of code how to insert a new row in
Excel between existing rows using POI HSSF.
2.  May be somebody has a quick utility to determine an alphabetic cell
column (like A1, C12) from the numeric cell number. Let's say, if the cell
number is 32 what would be the cell letter.

Thanks in advance.
Michael D

Re: Inserting a row in Excel between existing rows using POI HSSF

Posted by "Oytun Askin (GMail)" <oy...@gmail.com>.
re: #2 i got one if you know the number of columns in your spread sheet.
Otherwise my method would be of no help probably.
 Oytun

 On 8/8/05, michael.dolgonos@jpmchase.com <mi...@jpmchase.com>
wrote:

> Sorry if I'm sending this the second time - not sure if the first e-mail
> went through:
>
> Hello,
> I' m working with POI HSSF and looking for more help on two issues:
> 1. Can someone suggest a few lines of code how to insert a new row in
> Excel between existing rows using POI HSSF.
> 2. May be somebody has a quick utility to determine an alphabetic cell
> column (like A1, C12) from the numeric cell number. Let's say, if the cell
> number is 32 what would be the cell letter.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Michael D

Oytun Aşkın
oytun12@gmail.com