Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by lookman sanni <lo...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/11 00:45:05 UTC

Progress update and call for help

Hi.
Find this week progress update on my gsoc09 project here:
http://lookouster.org/blog/?page_id=38#Week%202

I also have a couple of questions:

   - How to perform a rebuilt of android.jar?

   - Have someone encountered this before after performing a post to the web
   store Cart servlet?

HTTP ERROR: 500
> INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
> RequestURI=/ShoppingCart/Cart
> Caused by:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.atom.provider
> .AtomBindingListenerServlet.doPost(AtomBindingListenerServlet.java:604)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:362)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:842)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
> at
> org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
> at org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.work.Work.run(Work.java:63)
> at org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.work.ThreadPoolWorkManager$
> DecoratingWork.run(ThreadPoolWorkManager.java:215)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thx;
--
Best Regards

Lookman SANNI
http://blog.lookouster.org
MSBI Intern at Umanis Tours Services;

Re: Progress update and call for help

Posted by Oscar Castañeda <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Lookman,

I have been going through your emails and weekly summaries found on your
project blog [1]. On the summary for week 2 (which corresponds to this
thread), I noticed you posed a question about [2].

The link there is a list of steps to run retrotranslator on an Eclipse
workspace with reduced number of SCA modules. This is the reduced number of
modules, based on calculator2, that is supposed to run on Android. Since it
may not be the case that it runs, you may need to further prune the modules
or make customizations necessary for it to run. You might find relevant
threads on the Android developer list useful for doing so, as I emailed and
received quality responses from the author of retrotranslator there. If you
have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, i'll be happy to help.

Lastly, please consider the following suggestions:

 - Try to use the same email subject for your weekly (or so) summaries
consistently. Post your summary on the email itself and on your project
blog. This will help ensure your readers don't miss your update (as I almost
did on this thread).
- It would be a good idea to make steps like those in [1] for anything you
want tested. As mentioned elsewhere, I would be happy to help with testing,
and so that the process to test is documented, it would be a good idea to
post it somewhere or include it in an email.

Ok, that's it for me. Congratulations on your progress before the official
start of GSoC!

[1] http://lookouster.org/blog/?page_id=38
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/mobile-android/retrotranslator_readme