Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Daniel Rabe <dr...@opentext.com> on 2003/12/29 22:41:42 UTC

Multiple localization (resource) files for one application

I understand the mechanics of how to use the "bundle" attribute with some of
the HTML tags to specify which resource bundle will be used to look up the
translation keys. I'd like to use several resource files for my strings so
that each subset of functionality can have its own resource file. So far so
good. However, I just realized that the html:errors tag uses a single bundle
for all of its ActionMessages. I was hoping to have all my "standard"
validator error messages in a "common.properties". But some of my Action
classes also add ActionMessages where the key refers to an entry in their
own properties files. It looks like this won't work quite the way I wanted
it to.

How do other development teams manage to split up their resource files in a
useful way? Any hints or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel Rabe