Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ernie Ho <er...@oracle.com> on 2006/11/14 03:55:43 UTC

Another JSP error/question

Hi,

  thanks for all the valuable replies.

Hers is yet another error I'm seeing :

I just took a webapp that had been developed on IBM WebSphere and placed the app

On Tomcat.  It's pretty much a JSP page that calls a bunch of java classes.

These Java class files have all been appropriately ported to the /<app name>/WEB-INF/classes

Directory.  However,  I'm  seeing the following :

(It looks like its trying to load some class file in websphere. But the JSP code Is generic java code..)

006 5:58:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/ws/webservices/engine/client/Service
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1815)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:869)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1322)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1201)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:127)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:65)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:148)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:317)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain

RE: Another JSP error/question

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Ernie Ho [mailto:ernie.ho@oracle.com]
> Subject: Another JSP error/question
>
> (It looks like its trying to load some class file in
> websphere. But the JSP code Is generic java code..)

But the classes the JSP is using apparently are not.  Either you have
something that's Websphere-specific configured in the app's web.xml, or
the called classes themselves are directly referencing Websphere
classes.  If you don't have the source for them, use javap or one of the
myriad other class analysis tools to find out what they're doing.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.