Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/15 21:59:32 UTC

3.0 M5?

It's coming up on 3 months since the release of M4.  While an M5 now
wouldn't have as many changes as M4 did, it's probably still worthwhile
getting it out there.  It'd be nice to get all of Andrey's hard work out in
the hands of our users.

I know there are still some things that need to be cleaned up.  But, if
people are open to it, I'd like to start planning the timeline for the M5
release.

--
Kevin

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
I think it will be better to cleanup some stuff with modeler before
releasing it. CAY-1077 still waits for votes from developers (it is
committed, but behavior of the dialog is still under discussion). And I
think cut-copy-paste (CAY-1080) will be a good addition to M5

Thanks,
Andrey

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
Hello.

+1

The modeler-work is a milestone.

  - Tore.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 21/08/2008, at 1:55 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Sorry, I think you meant a Jira "version", not an SVN tag. That
> would generally make sense, although I hope this is just one issue,
> so we can skip it this time.
>
> We may actually start doing it for the next release - this way we
> can close jiras against a specific version, letting Jira generate
> release notes (I am doing that successfully for commercial projects).

Yes, that was what I meant. It might allow us to have clearer planning
coming up to each release. If you want to create an M5 I'd be happy to
go and edit the closed tasks and assign them to M5 when appropriate.

Ari

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Sorry, I think you meant a Jira "version", not an SVN tag. That would
generally make sense, although I hope this is just one issue, so we
can skip it this time.

We may actually start doing it for the next release - this way we can
close jiras against a specific version, letting Jira generate release
notes (I am doing that successfully for commercial projects).

Andrus

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.

> We have the "int" problem fixed. What else is left to do for M5?
> CAY-1077 and CAY-1080?

I think so, I just looked through everything outstanding which is
marked as a bug and I couldn't see anything that looked urgent. But
those GSoC tasks would be good to get into the release for sure.

After this, I'd like to propose that we triage the remaining issues
into some sort of priority and make decisions about what will go into
3.0 final. It would be nice to see 3.0 not as an endless process but
having a definite end.

Ari

-------------------------->

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
I'd really like to see the issue with properly reporting session
timeouts from Hessian fixed.  I'll try to take care of this over the
weekend.  It's a bit selfish, but having this is will allow the
Tapestry5 module to do nifty things, like auto-reconnect if
appropriate.

--
Kevin

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
I checked the fix in and it loaded all of my models (ones with invalid
Password Encoders and non-specified/default ones).

/dev/mrg

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
The logic I used for the password encoder is a bit screwed up and
might can be improved.  I intentionally didn't throw an exception
there (I return NULL) because I want the whole model to continue
and we can't have the GUI-less framework opening error dialog panels.
So, I returned a NULL and catch that later in the modeler after the
rest of the model finishes loading.  In an application that is using
that code, it  won't be able to login to the DB and that should be
enough of a problem for the user to go look at the logs.  It isn't
pretty, but it works.  Always open to suggestions, of course!

Thanks!

/dev/mrg

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Fixed.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: 3.0 M5?

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
It could be the way I'm invoking the modeler.  The maven classworlds stuff
was a little weird to wrangle.
If you can, try running an artifact built from source.  I can build one for
your platform of choice if need be.

--
Kevin

Re: 3.0 M5?