Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2006/09/08 11:06:27 UTC

naming of dojo components

Hi!

Today I saw a new component coming in called DojoDialog and I thought:
"Is it really required - or the best idea - to prefix the dojo
components with dojo?"

What if we change the technique used within an dojo component to
something else (say superWebFlex - just a synonym), sure, one solution
can be to copy the dojoDialog to superWebFlexDialog, but maybe what we
really want to have is one super-dialog component only, e.g.
dynamicDialog and whatever technique used, the tag name will stay the same.

For sure, stuff like dojoInitializer is an exception as this directly
pass the component values to the dojo library, so there is no unified API.

Just some thoughts ...

Ciao,
Mario

Re: naming of dojo components

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Gerald Müllan schrieb:
>> > +1 on modal dialog
>
> Just had a quick look at the dojo examples page, the guys call it the
> same way.
>
> So, seems that we get an agreement.
>
> Let`s name the maybe-anytime-non-dojo component that way. :)

+1 from me too, the only component where a dojo prefix
probably is mandatory is the dojoInitializer
there is no way, that one will ever use non dojo instead
of dojo code.
I will fixup the naming on the split pane in this way as well.

Re: naming of dojo components

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
> > +1 on modal dialog

Just had a quick look at the dojo examples page, the guys call it the same way.

So, seems that we get an agreement.

Let`s name the maybe-anytime-non-dojo component that way. :)

regards,

Gerald

--
Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11

Re: naming of dojo components

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 on modal dialog

On 9/8/06, Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what about "modalDialog"?
>
> On 9/8/06, Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Mario,
> >
> > > You know, I dont wanted to point to a special person, just a general
> > > discussion. Sorry, that it was your committed component I used as sample ;-)
> >
> > No problem, my strong ego withstands it :)
> >
> > > If it sufficiently describes it, sure, though, it was just a wild guess
> > > from my side ;-)
> >
> > Let`s take "dynamicDialog", sounds good to me.
> >
> > > If there is "at the end of the day" still consent about the renaming, do
> > > you have time to rename them too? Or should we ask Werner ;-)
> >
> > No problem, i can do the job.
> >
> > Werner, what are your thoughts about renaming your stuff?
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Gerald
> >
> > On 9/8/06, Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> wrote:
> > > Hi Gerald!
> > > You know, I dont wanted to point to a special person, just a general
> > > discussion. Sorry, that it was your committed component I used as sample ;-)

> > > If it sufficiently describes it, sure, though, it was just a wild guess
> > > from my side ;-)
> > >
> > > There is also
> > > * dojoContentPane
> > > * dojoSplitPane
> > >
> > > I think this is where the prefix "dynamic" really fits well.
> > >
> > > * dynamicContentPane
> > > * dynamicSplitPane
> > >
> > > If there is "at the end of the day" still consent about the renaming, do
> > > you have time to rename them too? Or should we ask Werner ;-)
> > >

> > > Ciao,
> > > Mario
> > >

> > --
> > Gerald Müllan
> > Schelleingasse 2/11
> > 1040 Vienna, Austria
> > 0043 699 11772506
> > gerald.muellan@gmail.com
> >

> --
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF powerhouse -
> JSF Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: naming of dojo components

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.
what about "modalDialog"?

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: naming of dojo components

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mario,

--
Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11

Re: naming of dojo components

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Gerald!

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yes Mario, same to me. The naming should be changed. No special dojo
naming at all.

I just accepted the stuff from Thomas.

So, let`s change the name to "dynamicDialog"?

cheers,

--
Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11