Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nidhi Tuli <nt...@paymentone.com> on 2006/03/07 18:26:40 UTC

ejb3 plugin

Hi,

I just started working on Maven 2 and trying to build my EJB3 project
using maven2. Any ideas what plug-in should I use? In one of the
articles I am advised to do ejb3 on the jar file which I created. The
package for that is suggested to be "maven-ejb3-plugin" with groupId of
goal bindings "org.apache.maven.plugins". But I am not able to find this
plugin?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Nidhi

Re: ejb3 plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for all that info/documentation Marco. Way more than I
expected, even if it is "only" for Maven1. ;-)

Wayne

Re: ejb3 plugin

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Re: ejb3 plugin

Re: ejb3 plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
It would probably be helpful for Nidhi if you could post some samples
from your pom.xml and other associated files (you mentioned
persistence.xml and a .par file).

Just saying "I've done this" doesn't really help anyone.

Re: ejb3 plugin

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
hello,

Re: ejb3 plugin

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Tim Kettler schrieb:
> Hi Nidhi,
>
> you can checkout the maven-ejb3-plugin vie svn from the maven sandbox at:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/plugins/maven-ejb3-plugin
>
> you then probably also want the maven-par-plugin from:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/plugins/maven-par-plugin
>
> Once you have the plugins on your harddrive you can install them to your
> local repository by executing 'mvn install' in the project root
> directories.
>
> There is an attached zip file (test-prj.zip) at
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1723 which contains a very
> minimalistic test project with an EJB3 project and an EAR project that
> packages the EJB file. You can use that as an starting point for your
> project.
>
> However, according to the latest draft of the spec (see section 6.2 of
> ejb-3_0-pfd-spec-persistence.pdf and chapter 19 of
> ejb-3_0-pfd-spec-ejbcore.pdf)
> Enterprise Beans are packaged in plain Jar files (not .ejb3 and .par).
> So if you use an EJB3 implementation that implements the latest spec
> (like the one from JBoss) you can use the 'standard' maven-ejb-plugin.
> The only problem with this is that the plugin enforces the presence of
> an 'ejb-jar.xml' file which is not needed with EJB3 if you use
> annotations. I submitted a patch for the plugin
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEJB-6) to make the 'ejb-jar.xml'
> optional but i don't know if this will be applyed in the near furure.

...applied in the near future.

Grmmph.

Re: ejb3 plugin

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tim,
  i have downloaded the plugins,but they are as sources...
can you tell me how do i go from sources to install them in my local
repository?

thanks in advance an dregards
 marco

Re: ejb3 plugin