Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/11 09:35:29 UTC

Add CI job for checking docker image build

Hello,

It looks like we don't have a CI to check the docker image is well or not.
When we have a release, it will build automatically by tag triggered. But
if the docker image is broken, it's difficult to revert the release and fix
it.
Without a release, we never know the docker image is ok or not when a
PR is coming.

So I would suggest adding a check for the docker images to avoid some
changes breaking our image.

Any thoughts?

Best regards
Yong

Re: Add CI job for checking docker image build

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1

for reference the build script is in
docker/hooks

the main problem to test this is that the Dockerfile downloads the tarbal
from the Apache Archive Download Website
so it is not possible to run the build against the latest tarball
we will have to change something in the Dockerfile

Any suggestions?

Enrico