Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by w....@bigpond.com on 2015/09/04 12:02:17 UTC

Is there anything wrong?

Is Apache having problems with Open Office 4.1.1 today?
Commencing this afternoon (Australian time) I can't open the Open Office icon on my desktop nor can I open a document created with Open Office.
Best Wishes,Wayne Ollingemail w.olling@bigpond.com

Re: Is there anything wrong?

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 20:02:17 +1000
<w....@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Is Apache having problems with Open Office 4.1.1 today?
> Commencing this afternoon (Australian time) I can't open the Open Office icon on my desktop nor can I open a document created with Open Office.
> Best Wishes,Wayne Ollingemail w.olling@bigpond.com

Whatever is wrong with your OpenOffice is local to your computer.  Most probably you have had a computer or program crash (or, more rarely, an over hasty close down of your computer).

If you are using Windows, start TaskManager (Crtl shift Esc) and kill any soffice processes shown on TaskManager's processes tab. {note: soffice, not office).

This should cure the problem.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>