Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Anders Asplund <aa...@hotmail.com> on 2008/10/06 15:41:24 UTC

Error installing buildr

Hi,

I'm trying to install Buildr but the following error message occurs when I executes jruby -S gem update buildr.

JRuby limited openssl loaded. gem install jruby-openssl for full support.http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/JRuby_Builtin_OpenSSLERROR:  http://gems.rubyforge.org/ does not appear to be a repositoryERROR:  Error installing buildr:        buildr requires builder (= 2.1.2, runtime)

Since I'm sitting behinde a firewall I also tried to download the buildr-1.3.2-java-incubating.gem and installed it using jruby -S gem update buildr-1.3.2-java-incubating.gem but with the same result.

As you can see I'm using JRuby and I'm a complete novice in this area so please excuse me if the solution is obvious.

Thank you in advance!

/Anders
Senaste sportnyheterna & rykande färska resultat!
http://sport.msn.se/

Re: Error installing buildr

Posted by Anders_Asplund <aa...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply!

After figuring out my proxy-settings I could set the HTTP_PROXY environment
variable and it worked just fine!

/Anders

Re: Error installing buildr

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.