Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by William W <wi...@hotmail.com> on 2002/04/10 21:15:18 UTC

commit.lock

Hi,
I'm with a big problem.

java.io.IOException: Timed out waiting for:
Lock@/usr/local/index/commit.lock

What I have to do ? I can't read and create a index at the same time ?

Thanks,
William.

Re: commit.lock

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Yes you can.
Remove the file if your index is already created, somehow it wasn't
cleaned up.
Maybe you are not closing somethign correctly.
In any case, use lucene-user list for questions like this one, please.