Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Sebastian Mohr <fl...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/04 11:41:22 UTC

Login Example for Apache Flex (was: [Website] Learning content)

@Om ... in regards to code examples, I have already added Apache Flex
code examples to my Login Example [1]. Sure, the Login Example is
not a fancy app, but, it shows Flex newbies how they could structure
the Flex code with the MVC pattern. I am not sure if this code would
be of interest to the Apache Flex codebase because these code example
rely on Microarchitectures like Cairngorm 3, Mate, Robotlegs, Parsley,
Spring AS and Swiz. As you probably have noticed, after the anxiety
and depression phase of the Flex market in 2012, the development of
these Microarchitectures has mostly been stopped, and, the founders of
Parsley and Swiz have left the Flex market. This brings the Login Example
into the need to change, but, for the moment, it is not clear to me into
which
direction. I also would like to add that, for Flex newbies, I wouldn't
suggest
any Apache Flex newbie to start building a Flex application without a
Microarchitecture ... Reasons IMHO: 1) Shorter development time,
2) Less bad coding practises 3) Better structured modular code.

So ... what do you think? Would it be of interest for you put the
Login Example into the Apache Flex codebase? Do you have any
recommendations for Flex newbies how they should build Flex apps?
How should Flex newbies build Flex apps without the use of existing
Microarchitectures?

Thank you ...

--
Sebastian (PPMC)
Interaction Designer

[1]
http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/LoginExample#Apache_Flex_4.8_(Spark)

Looking for a Login Example with Apache Flex? Please check out this code:

RE: Login Example for Apache Flex (was: [Website] Learning content)

Posted by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com>.
As a newbie, I think a good discussion of Flex would include the following:
custom components, suggested folder structure, event bubbling, setting event
listeners, removing event listeners, item renderers and maybe even item
renderers for mobile (I think they are suggested to be actionscript only).

Mark

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans | dotdotcommadot <ha...@dotdotcommadot.com>.
Dart seems to be doing some kind of 5 minute video instructions.
I think this would be a great idea: make tutorials that won't take longer than 5 minutes (video or text.. whatever).
Or some kind of 'gotoandlearn.com' for flex would be awesome as well of course.
IF somebody would have the time to do this stuff that is.

Hans Van den Keybus | dotdotcommadot.com
Mail: hans@dotdotcommadot.com
Phone: 0032 (0) 486 16 30 69

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Sebastian,