Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arrowx7 <al...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/07 21:47:16 UTC

Getting maven to run a file after install

Hello,
Is it possible to have maven execute a bash file after it finished
installing (compiling)?
I have mavenide in NetBeans, and i'd like it to run a bash script that
deploys the project.  I'm not sure how to make it run that bash script after
install...or anywhere from netbeans.  Thanks

Re: Getting maven to run a file after install

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Are you using Mevenide2-Netbeans (and hence Maven 2.0.X)?  If so, you
can use the exec-maven-plugin[1], bound (in pom.xml) to the install
(compile) phase to achieve what you want.

If you're using Mevenide for Maven 1.X, you could set up a pre-goal to
do what you want, in maven.xml.

Hope it helps,
Steve

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/exec-maven-plugin/