Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Propes, Barry L" <ba...@citigroup.com> on 2006/08/11 16:34:17 UTC

performance question

I'm having some problems this morning with performance. How can I easily determine if it's servlets, or Tomcat, as opposed to possibly the database (Oracle) I'm using?

I've not had this problem before.

Barry

Re: performance question

Posted by Paul Singleton <pa...@jbgb.com>.
Lambda Probe is a free+easy way to get some
instrumentation

Re: performance question

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Frank,

the comment was a bit ironic.

There are no monitoring logs for tomcat, since tomcat doesn't perform
any serious performance or error monitoring. However there are tools
which you could use.

To learn what tomcat is doing you could use lamdaprobe. (www.lamdaprobe.org)
To learn what your application is doing try moskito (moskito.dev.java.net).

regards
Leon

P.S. you can get support from me for moskito, best offlist to avoid
annoying others :-)

Re: performance question

Posted by Frank Niedermann <fb...@thelogic.org>.
Leon,