Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Peter McNab <mc...@melbpc.org.au> on 2005/08/03 16:05:34 UTC

pre-revprop-change CMDCMDLINE param on XP

Have changes been made to the pre-revprop-change hook parameters?

I have been using a pre-revprop-change.bat hook file to enable editing
of log messages on NT4 for some time. (svn 1.2.0)
I don't authenticate and hence no user name is supplied
Running the same hook script onto an XP machine but running svn 1.2.1
gives me a changed CMCCMDLINE call to the hook script.
The full text is reproduced below enclosed in square brackets []
[C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /C
""G:\svnRepos\svnConfig\hooks\pre-revprop-change.bat"
G:^\svnRepos/svnConfig 8  svn:log M"]

The change is the <Space>M right at the end.

Peter

Re: pre-revprop-change CMDCMDLINE param on XP

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Peter McNab wrote:
> Philip Martin wrote:
>> Peter McNab <mc...@melbpc.org.au> writes:
>>
>>> The change is the <Space>M right at the end.
>>
>> According to the CHANGES file it was added in 1.2.0:
>>
>>    * new pre/post-revprop hook argument to describe propchange (r12162)
>
> In the current 1.2 HTML documentation the description still states there
> are only four parameters

It would be great if you could send a patch to the book to update it.  (It's
briefly documented in the "post-revprop-change.tmpl" file that gets created in
new repositories.)

Yours hopefully,

- Julian

Re: pre-revprop-change CMDCMDLINE param on XP

Posted by Peter McNab <mc...@melbpc.org.au>.
Philip Martin wrote:

>Peter McNab <mc...@melbpc.org.au> writes:
>

>>The change is the <Space>M right at the end.
>>

>According to the CHANGES file it was added in 1.2.0:
>
>    * new pre/post-revprop hook argument to describe propchange (r12162)

Thanks for the pointer Philip.

In the current 1.2 HTML documentation the description still states there
are only four parameters

pre-revprop-change
    snip<...>

    This hook runs just before such a modification is made to the
    repository. The repository passes *four* arguments to this hook: the
    path to the repository, the revision on which the to-be-modified
    property exists, the authenticated username of the person making the
    change, and the name of the property itself.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

--
Philip Martin

Re: pre-revprop-change CMDCMDLINE param on XP

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Aug 3, 2005, at 11:05 AM, Peter McNab wrote:

> Have changes been made to the pre-revprop-change hook parameters?
>
> I have been using a pre-revprop-change.bat hook file to enable
> editing of log messages on NT4 for some time. (svn 1.2.0)
> I don't authenticate and hence no user name is supplied
> Running the same hook script onto an XP machine but running svn
> 1.2.1 gives me a changed CMCCMDLINE call to the hook script.
> The full text is reproduced below enclosed in square brackets []
> [C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /C ""G:\svnRepos\svnConfig\hooks\pre-
> revprop-change.bat" G:^\svnRepos/svnConfig 8  svn:log M"]
>
> The change is the <Space>M right at the end.

Nothing has changed in the hooks or in the way they're invoked.  I
wonder if there's some sort of memory or pointer leak?  Did you
switch APR libraries or something?