Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "G.Nagarajan" <gn...@dkf.de> on 2001/11/15 10:35:57 UTC

suggestions for avoiding javascript problems

some problems that I faced using javascript libraries

- sometimes the libraries will not be loaded, especially in
very slow connections. Because of this, the other scripts in
the page might not execute. This is a big problem especially
if you have some dynamic menus etc. The only solution is to
add all the script into the page itself using include commands.

- if you do something in the onLoad() javascript function, it
might not get executed. This is because the onload function
fires only when all the elements of the page including images,
applets etc are loaded.

- put the javascript for image rollover effects in the top of
the page. If you put in the bottom of the page, the page elements
would have been rendered on the screen but the javascript will not
be available. This would show some javascript errors and would
stop all other scripts in the page!

RE: Restarting a particular webapp

Posted by Jim Urban <ji...@netsteps.net>.
Check out the manager application provided with Tomcat 4.0.  It can start,
stop and reload a single webapp.  The documentation is on the TC 4.0 site
and it works quite well.  We use it in development to reload our application
whenever we change a cached file.

Jim