Posted to xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org by Roger Gogniat <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/07 12:34:58 UTC

Problem using XmlCursor with xml document containing default namespace

Hi,

I'am working with xmlbeans 1.0.2 with xmlbean_path.

I have problem using the method selectPath in XmlCursor; it doesn't select any node.
But when I remove the default namespace definition in the xml document it is working.
I know default namespace can make trouble with XPath so I have tried to use XmlOption by
setting different options: setLoadSubstituteNamespaces, setLoadAdditionalNamespaces, and
nothing seems to work.

So can you explain me how should I proceed?

I have also a similar problem with the toChild(String) method that doesn't move the
cursor; is it also a default namespace problem?

With setLoadSubstituteNamespaces I am not sure about the form of map to set: if I want to
substitute the default namespace by "def", should I use map.put("", "def") or map.put("",
"http://www.lalala.com/lalala/XSD") or ...?

Thank you in advance for your precious help.