Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by ne...@informatik.uni-freiburg.de on 2013/01/06 12:35:28 UTC

HConnectionImplementation closed

Hi there,

I'm having problems accessing HBase from within a MapReduce programme on
my cluster. To locate the problem I've written a very simple test
programme. It runs fine on the master node, however on the other nodes I
get the same error that was causing problems in the MapReduce programme:

java.io.IOException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@2937d090
closed
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:794)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:782)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.finishSetup(HTable.java:251)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:215)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:173)
     at TestHBase.main(TestHBase.java:29)

This occurs after these lines in the programme:

         Configuration conf = HBaseConfiguration.create();
         conf.set("hbase.master", args[0]);
         HTable table = new HTable(conf, "Table1");

Note: I'm note accessing HBase through the InputFormat. I simply would
like to read out a few values in the setup-method of my mappers. hbase
shell seems to be working on all nodes just fine and I can ping and
telnet the master node on port 60000 from the other nodes.

What could be the problem? Am i missing something? I've installed HBase
with cloudera manager CDH4.

Kind regards,
Antony

Re: HConnectionImplementation closed

Posted by Anton Lyska <an...@wildec.com>.
Hi,

I had same exception when my master node died.
Then I found this code:

private HRegionLocation locateRegion(byte[] tableName, byte[] row, boolean useCache) throws IOException {
if (closed) throw new IOException(toString() + " closed");

and
public void abort(String msg, Throwable t)
{
if ((t instanceof KeeperException.SessionExpiredException)) {
try {
LOG.info("This client just lost it's session with ZooKeeper, trying to reconnect.");

resetZooKeeperTrackers();
LOG.info("Reconnected successfully. This disconnect could have been caused by a network partition or a long-running GC pause, either way it's recommended that
you verify your environment.");

return;
} catch (ZooKeeperConnectionException e) {
LOG.error("Could not reconnect to ZooKeeper after session expiration, aborting");

t = e;
}
}
if (t != null) LOG.fatal(msg, t); else
LOG.fatal(msg);
aborted = true;
closed = true;
}

So, it happens when client looses connection to ZooKeeper and cant reconnect,
Or, simply, somebody calls HConnection.close()

Posted by Antony Neu <ne...@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>.

Posted by Bing Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
check hbase conf exists in mr job environment .