Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2017/08/28 14:00:21 UTC

Cassandra and OpenJDK

Hi,

We're using Cassandra 3.0.9.  I've found some warnings that Cassandra
should not be deployed using OpenJDK, but all the information on that
is at least 2 years old.

Is this still something to watch out for?  Or is the warning just legacy?

Thanks,
Myrle Krantz
Solution Architect, Kuelap, Inc.

Re: Cassandra and OpenJDK

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Thank you Kurt and Eric.

Myrle

Re: Cassandra and OpenJDK

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
OpenJDK is fine.

Re: Cassandra and OpenJDK

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@wikimedia.org>.
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're using Cassandra 3.0.9.  I've found some warnings that Cassandra
> should not be deployed using OpenJDK, but all the information on that
> is at least 2 years old.
>
> Is this still something to watch out for?  Or is the warning just legacy?

We use OpenJDK, and I get the impression that quite a few others do as
well.  If it is working well for you, I would use it and ignore the
warnings (and if it is not, then let us know and submit a bug report).

--
Eric Evans
eevans@wikimedia.org