Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Wolfgang Egger <Eg...@synemedia.de> on 2000/10/26 16:29:42 UTC

ANT - Modern Compile - Problems

Servus,
we have a strange problem and I hope someone out here knows any solution.
Sorry if this is a FAQ, but if I try to read the FAQ on the Apache-server
there always occurs a Server Error:-(

We have two WebApplications which both use the same java-classes.
If we do an ant-build on App1 everything is ok.
If we do an ant-build on App2 ant is doing somthig it calls Modern Compile
and this seems to do nothing. After the build, there are no java-classes in
WEB-INF/classes and App2 isn't running, cause tomcat can't find the classes.

This strange behaviour only occures if we install the WebApps with ant on
the server. While coding the WebApps with VisualAge for Java 3.5 and the
Apache_Tomcat_Test_Environment (what means it's runing a local server on the
developer machines) there's no problem running both WebApps at same time.
That's why we believe ant has something to do with that failure.

Does anybody know, what's about that Modern Compilation and how we get App2
running parallel with App1 ?

Thanx in advance
Wolfgang

Synemedia Productions
Hildegardstr. 28 | 10715 Berlin, Germany | Tel: +49(0)30-857 32 850
mail: egger@synemedia.de | www: http://www.synemedia.de

RE: ANT - Modern Compile - Problems

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Wolfgang,