Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Zaleski, Matthew (M.E.)" <mz...@ford.com> on 2004/07/27 22:59:10 UTC

Border issue

I saw a recent post to the list that had a slightly different problem than I'm experiencing.

I hope attachments go through to the list.  My .fo file is being generated via XSLT and is usually 150k to 200k in size.  I've managed to pare it down to 13k and still have the problem visible.  My apologies for it even being that large.

Look at the line with the light blue background.  The borders on extreme left are right edge are getting overwritten by the background color.  (the background color is bleeding on the top as well.)  I'm doing nested tables for layout purposes.  I've tried having the outside border be generated by the <fo:table> and (in this example) the enclosing <fo:table-cell> element.  The problem doesn't change.

Am I making a newbie mistake or is this a fundamental problem in FOP 0.20.5?  If it is a "feature" in 0.20.5, are there any known workarounds?

Thanks,
Matthew Zaleski

Re: Border issue

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Zaleski, Matthew (M.E.) wrote:
> Look at the line with the light blue background.  The borders on extreme
> left are right edge are getting overwritten by the background color.
> (the background color is bleeding on the top as well.)  I'm doing nested
> tables for layout purposes.  I've tried having the outside border be
> generated by the <fo:table> and (in this example) the enclosing
> <fo:table-cell> element.  The problem doesn't change.

That's a known problem. Don't use padding.

J.Pietschmann