Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "vrparekh@gmail.com" <vr...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/28 15:09:07 UTC

how to apply fuzzy search with slop

Hello all,

i want to search on phrase with fuzzy,  e.g.  q=word1 word2~

also want to apply slop for both words in phrase

q=("word1 word2~")~2     doesn't work?

how can i apply same?

Thanks,
Vishal Parekh

Re: how to apply fuzzy search with slop

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I have no idea whether it will work with 1.4, although I haven't looked at the
underlying code. I actually doubt it. There's an entry in newer solrconfig.xml
files "luceneMatchVersion" that is referenced by that code for that just
doesn't exist in the 1.4 code frame.

I strongly recommend you upgrade, there's a TON of fixes/improvements in the
3x code line. ComplexPhraseQuery hasn't been committed yet, but you'd
have a much better chance of making this work.

Best
Erick

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Interestingly, Ahmet Arslan just answered a virtually identical
question:

"It is possible with this plugin.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1604"

Best