Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gino Marckx <g....@passage-ict.com> on 2002/03/06 13:34:23 UTC

Installing Tomcat as a CGI script

Hi there,

I know this question might seem a bit silly, but I am looking for a way to install Tomcat as a CGI script inside Apache for Linux.

The reason for this question is that my isp enables CGI for my account, but does not support servlets. I would really want to be able to execute some servlets, so I am having a problem...

I know the advantage of servlets compared to CGI is in the single process that is executed for a servlet engine, that handles all requests, so I am probably answering my own question. But should someone see a possibility, please let me know.

With regards,
Gino Marckx.

GINO MARCKX
Analyst Programmeur, Certified Java Programmer
Passage, a division of Alert bvba
Gouden Leeuwplein 1
9000 Gent
T 09/236.25.78