Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ta...@controldocs.com on 2005/06/28 19:06:14 UTC

wrong result returning

I indexed a relatively large table and while doing search, it is returning
some wrong document names. Name of each of the docs that I have are some
integer number. but the result set is including some names those resemble
to the index files. For example one search returned, along with some valid
document names, '_h59.cfs', '_16v6.cfs' and '_1fft.cfs'. I have made sure
that the analyzers being used in indexing and searching is the same
(StopAnalyzer for this instance). More puzzling is that, it is not acting
so for all searches. Is there any setup issue?

Thanks
Tareque

Re: wrong result returning

Posted by Chris D <br...@gmail.com>.
On 6/28/05, tareque@controldocs.com <ta...@controldocs.com> wrote:
> I indexed a relatively large table and while doing search, it is returning
> some wrong document names. Name of each of the docs that I have are some
> integer number. but the result set is including some names those resemble
> to the index files. For example one search returned, along with some valid
> document names, '_h59.cfs', '_16v6.cfs' and '_1fft.cfs'. I have made sure
> that the analyzers being used in indexing and searching is the same
> (StopAnalyzer for this instance). More puzzling is that, it is not acting
> so for all searches. Is there any setup issue?
>
> Thanks
> Tareque

You'll probably have to provide a little more information, a little
bit of source will go a long way to being able to help.

But I can tell you that the _h59.cfs and such filenames are the index
files for lucene, so if you might want to make sure that you're not
doing am "index *" in the same directory you're storing the indexes.

Cheers,
Chris