Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Yuvarajl <yu...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/26 12:16:35 UTC

Options of Recording scripts in Jmeter

Hi All,

   When I Record scripts in Jmeter,the nodes get recorded randomly i.e. when
a aspx page is recorded, somtimes the aspx page is recorded as a separate
parent node and sometimes the page is recorded as a child node of some other
parent node.

   I need to record scripts in a way, that all the aspx pages need to be
recorded as the parent node and all other resources related to that page
like gifs,Jpeg,etc to be recorded as the child nodes of the parent aspx
node.

  In the Http Proxy server I use the following Options when i record a
script:

  Target Controller: Use>Thread Group>Recording Controller.
  Grouping : Put each group in New Controller.

  Does the above make any difference or is there any other way that I can
record scripts as mentioned in the second paragraph.

  Thanks in Advance.

  -Yuvaraj.

Re: Options of Recording scripts in Jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10/07/07, Yuvarajl <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi sebb,
> can you please  elaborate the following? where can i find proxy.pause
> property?

As I already wrote:  jmeter.properties

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26/06/07, Yuvarajl <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   When I Record scripts in Jmeter,the nodes get recorded randomly i.e. when
> a aspx page is recorded, somtimes the aspx page is recorded as a separate
> parent node and sometimes the page is recorded as a child node of some other
> parent node.

This could be due to grouping.
Try increasing the pause that JMeter uses in jmeter.properties:

proxy.pause=1000

and make sure that you pause at least this long between separate clicks.

>   I need to record scripts in a way, that all the aspx pages need to be
> recorded as the parent node and all other resources related to that page
> like gifs,Jpeg,etc to be recorded as the child nodes of the parent aspx
> node.

Perhaps "Store 1st sampler" would be suitable.

>  In the Http Proxy server I use the following Options when i record a
> script:
>
>  Target Controller: Use>Thread Group>Recording Controller.
>  Grouping : Put each group in New Controller.

See the manual for what the grouping options are:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Proxy_Server

Posted by naveen sharma <ma...@yahoo.com>.
If this the problem then you can do one thing .you try recording with fiddler .
  actully with Jmeter recording i am not much familiar.

  --Naveen

Yuvarajl <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for the reply.Badboy doesnt record gifs,jpegs and other
resources. I need those resources to be taken into account while recording
the scripts.I would like to know if there are any option in Jmeter to record
the scripts the way i need.Can you please help regarding this.

Thanks in advance.
-Yuvaraj.

naveen sharma-2 wrote:

> For recording you can use BADBOY. its a freeware tool you can find it at
> net.
> BADBOY script you can directly export into jmeter.
>
> Hope fully it will solve your problem
>
> --Naveen
>
> Yuvarajl wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> When I Record scripts in Jmeter,the nodes get recorded randomly i.e. when
> a aspx page is recorded, somtimes the aspx page is recorded as a separate
> parent node and sometimes the page is recorded as a child node of some
> other
> parent node.
>
> I need to record scripts in a way, that all the aspx pages need to be
> recorded as the parent node and all other resources related to that page
> like gifs,Jpeg,etc to be recorded as the child nodes of the parent aspx
> node.
>
> In the Http Proxy server I use the following Options when i record a
> script:
>
> Target Controller: Use>Thread Group>Recording Controller.
> Grouping : Put each group in New Controller.
>
> Does the above make any difference or is there any other way that I can
> record scripts as mentioned in the second paragraph.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> -Yuvaraj.

Finding fabulous fares is fun.

Re: Options of Recording scripts in Jmeter

Posted by Yuvarajl <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naveen,

Posted by naveen sharma <ma...@yahoo.com>.

Yuvarajl <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]