Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Denis Wang <dw...@brandmuscle.com> on 2002/08/27 22:54:14 UTC

multiple user login in multiple threads of one loop

Hello, All,
I have been using JMeter to load test a development j2ee website for a
couple of weeks.  I don't know how to simulate the effect of multiple
different users' login with multiple threads and within one loop.  For
example,

       Loop count: 2
   -interleave controller
       user1 login
       user2 login
       user3 login
       user4 login

However, the results are not as expected:
in the first loop, all four threads are loggined as user1;
in the second loop, all four threads are loggined as user2.

What I want is:
In the first loop, user1 ~ user4 are loggined.
In the second loop, user1~ user4 are logined.

Any help will be highly appreciated!
Denis

Re: multiple user login in multiple threads of one loop

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
You can do this using the new UserParameters config element.  It is only available
in the nightlies, however.

-Mike

On 27 Aug 2002 at 16:54, Denis Wang wrote:

> Hello, All,
> I have been using JMeter to load test a development j2ee website for a
> couple of weeks.  I don't know how to simulate the effect of multiple
> different users' login with multiple threads and within one loop.  For
> example,

>        Loop count: 2
>    -interleave controller
>        user1 login
>        user2 login
>        user3 login
>        user4 login
>
> However, the results are not as expected:
> in the first loop, all four threads are loggined as user1;
> in the second loop, all four threads are loggined as user2.
>
> What I want is:
> In the first loop, user1 ~ user4 are loggined.
> In the second loop, user1~ user4 are logined.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated!
> Denis

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org