Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/29 12:24:35 UTC

how to exclude plugin dependencies?

hello everyone,
using tomcat-maven-plugin i noticed that it imports older versions of
servlet and jsp-api (2.4 and 2.0). My app requires newer versions: how can I
exclude those dependencies and force to use newer ones?

thanks,
valerio

--
http://valerioschiavoni.blogspot.com
http://jroller.com/page/vschiavoni

Re: how to exclude plugin dependencies?

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

Artifacts which are closer to the pom where you are running your maven
command on is prioritized. furthermore, you can do and <exclude> ( see [1] )
to your dependency so that a transitive dependency can be excluded. But as
for replacing a dependency version with what you actually need, Mark's
suggestion would suffice.

Cheers,
Franz

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.