Posted to user@struts.apache.org by lbastil <ba...@gmx.de> on 2007/10/31 15:43:14 UTC

[s2] validation on method level in model driven / visitor field validator

I know there are several threads about this topic, but I found no solution
for my case:

I have model-driven action:

model

... getModel() ...
      return model;

and some actions, lets say:

actionA() ...
actionB() ...

Now the following facts:

I have to use visitor field validator for the Model with appendPrefix=false

Lets assume model have 4 fields

I want for actionA() that only fields a and b are validatet (not c and d)
I want for actionB() that only fields c and d are validatet (not a and b)

Is there any possibility to do so (with annotation or xml approach)?

I tested xml approach on method level (<action>-<method>-validation,xml),
but because on Action Level the configuration for both methods is the same
(the
visitor field validator) it seems to be no help ...

thank you very much in advance,
basti