Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "jit.mehta" <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/29 12:22:31 UTC

Virtual Host Configuration problem, Help needed!!!

Hi! I want to configure Virtual Host on my Tomcat 5 standalone server but I'm
unable to run it.
Still no clue! this is how I did it.
Conf/server.xml entries after the local host entries-

<Host name="buzz" debug="0" appBase="/webapps/buzz" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false"> <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" directory="logs"
prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
</Host>

I added a configuration file ROOT.xml in conf/catalina/buzz for the host

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Context displayName="buzz"
docBase="" path="" workDir="work/Catalina/buzz/_" />

I also created directoris buzz/WEB_INF and WEB-INF/classes & WEB-INF/lib in
Webapps Directory.

but still my created vitrual host doesnt get up.
I wud highly appricate if anybody help me to fix this issue...Im in dire
straits !!!

thanks

Rock on
Jit

Re: Virtual Host Configuration problem, Help needed!!!

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
jit.mehta wrote:
> Hi! I want to configure Virtual Host on my Tomcat 5 standalone server but I'm
> unable to run it.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

HTH,

Mark