Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by leesf <le...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/18 12:21:55 UTC

[Help] Hudi NOTICE need more work

Hi all,

During the voting process on rc1 0.5.1-incubating release in general@,
Justin kindly pointed out Hudi NOTICE need more work[1], and we did create
the jira ticket to track the issue[2]. Since we are going to release 0.5.2
and the NOTICE issue should be solved in this release, so I would like to
ask what exactly needs to be done to Hudi NOTICE, any ideas are
appreciated, thanks.

Best,
Leesf

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rd3f4a72d82a4a5a81b2c6bd71e1417054daa38637ce8e07901f26f04%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-581

Re: [Help] Hudi NOTICE need more work

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,m

> Since hive, hbase, hadoop etc... are all apache projects - I don't think there's anything that needs to be done now with Hudi NOTICE and the NOTICE is good enough now !! Justin ??

Just because a TLP project does something in one way doesn't mean it is the correct way for your project to do it as you could be in different situations. Some of then TLP NOTICE files do not follow ASF policy or are outdated or you are seeing the results of discussions you were nor part of, so may not understand why their NOTICE files are the way they are. At least one of those you provided above is not a good example to follow.

Your NOTICE file [1] needs some more work, please see [2]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/blob/master/NOTICE
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep

Re: [Help] Hudi NOTICE need more work

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
To get more context on the NOTICE, may be balaji can chime in? (Since he
drove the current NOTICE file during the initial release)

I need to dig in more deeply to chime in, myself.