Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by rsanford <rs...@nolimitsystems.com> on 2000/08/29 18:49:06 UTC

parser::reset()?

when i call reset nifty little things like fGrammarResolver
get set to null - how do i get those to be non-null?

more generically, what's the point of the reset method?
what are the appropriate use cases for calling reset?

rjsjr

Re: parser::reset()?

Posted by Eric Ye <er...@locus.apache.org>.

> when i call reset nifty little things like fGrammarResolver
> get set to null - how do i get those to be non-null?

This is a bug, has been fixed in the CVS

> more generically, what's the point of the reset method?
> what are the appropriate use cases for calling reset?

reset method is mainly for cleaning up StringPool and resetting all the
flags to their defaults.   Although it stays public, I don't think it is
necessary to call it anymore, because parseSomeSetup() method will call the
resetOrCopy() method after each parse, which does almost the same thing.