Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/06/11 18:57:47 UTC

ClassCastException..probably a classpath pb

Hi!

Im trying to deploy a custom jass login module into tomcat server.this
module  need a web service request for authentication.
the same code works fine where it's executed locally  on Eclipse, but, when
I deploy a jar on server/lib folder for tomcat. i have the exception :

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.ClassCastException
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.lang.ClassCastException
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDTargetedChain.makeNewInstance(WSDDTargetedChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getNewInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:274)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:260)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployment.getTransport(WSDDDeployment.java:410)
	at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.getTransport(FileProvider.java:257)
	at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.getTransport(AxisEngine.java:332)
	at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:163)

RE: ClassCastException..probably a classpath pb

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: lmk [mailto:lotfi65@yahoo.fr]
> Subject: Re: ClassCastException..probably a classpath pb
>
> Im using tomcat 5.5.

You most likely need to put your specialized jars in common/lib rather
than server/lib.  Those in server/lib are not accessible to webapps.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: ClassCastException..probably a classpath pb

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.
Im using tomcat 5.5.

message sent to axis users..
http://www.nabble.com/ClassCastException..probably-a-classpath-pb-tf3906084.html
here

best regards!

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: ClassCastException..probably a classpath pb

Posted by lmk <lo...@yahoo.fr>.
I put axis jar  inside server/lib directory. I tried to set classpath on the
manifest file but it seems impossible to set axis jars inside the login
module jar.
its the appropriate location?

thanks

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.