Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> on 2009/04/23 21:24:09 UTC

5th Apache Hadoop Get Together @ Berlin

I would like to announce the fifth Apache Hadoop Get Together @ Berlin. It is
scheduled to take place at:

        newthinking store
        Tucholskystr. 48
        Berlin Mitte

on Thursday, 25th of June 2005 at 05:00pm.

As always there will be slots of 20min each for talks. After each talk there
will be time for discussion.

You can order drinks directly at the bar in the newthinking store. After the
official part we will go to one of the restaurants close by - exactly which
one will be announced at the beginning of the event.

Talks scheduled so far:

Torsten Curdt: Data Legacy - the challenges of an evolving data warehouse
Abstract: "MapReduce is great for processing great data sets. A distributed
file system can be used to store huge amounts of data. But what if your data
format needs to adapt to new requirements? This talk will cover a simple
introduction to Thrift and Protocol Buffers and sprinkle in some rants and
approaches to manage your big data sets."

We would like to invite you, the visitor to also tell your Hadoop story, if
you like, you can bring slides - there will be a beamer. Talks on related
projects (HBase, CouchDB, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, Lucene, Solr, nutch, katta,
UIMA, Mahout, ...) are of course welcome as well.

A big Thank You goes to the newthinking store for providing a room in the
center of Berlin for free.

Website: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2488959/?ps=5 (Please keep an eye on
the upcoming site in case the starting time needs to be shifted.)

Isabel