Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Cario, Elaine" <El...@wolterskluwer.com> on 2014/05/13 21:02:31 UTC

Grouping on int field in SolrCloud raises exception

Wondering if anyone else has this issue?

We have a grouping field which we defined as an integer; when we run a query grouping on that field it works fine in a non-cloud configuration, but when we try the same query in a SolrCloud configuration with multiple shards, we get the following error:

Type mismatch: wkcluster was indexed as NUMERIC

Schema:

<field name="wkcluster" indexed="true" stored="true"  type="int" docValues="true" />

Query:

q=*:*&group=true&group.field=wkcluster&group.limit=3

We worked around it by redefining the field as string and re-indexing the content.  Is there any restriction on the type of a field used for grouping/collapsing, especially in a distributed config?