Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/18 17:55:04 UTC

[vfs2] FilesCache memory issues

I am building an indexing application that scans a file system using VFS2
and indexes with lucene.

After running for a long while, it eats up all the memory and often hits
OOME -- when I look at the heap dump, 75% of all memory usage is from
SoftRefFilesCache.  I plan to switch to LRUFilesCache, but looking at the
google finds warnings (from 2009) about using anything other
then SoftRefFilesCache:

http://apache-commons.680414.n4.nabble.com/vfs-LRUFilesCache-safe-for-production-use-Google-App-Engine-Java-plug-in-td730559.html

Is this still true in 2013?

Is LRUFilesCache in VFS2 safe for production use -- (I know VFS2 is not
released)

Thanks
Ryan

Re: [vfs2] FilesCache memory issues

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
VFS 2.0 has been released for a long time, it is version 2.1 that is
pending release (but no release date is known ATM).

If you are coding to the VFS 1 API, you will need to change imports to use
VFS 2.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/