Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2012/03/02 17:48:17 UTC

hbase-0.92.0 up in maven repository

I managed to release hbase-0.92.0 to the apache maven repository.  It
has the source, doc, and bin jars.  It does not include the test jar.
Will try and fix this for hbase 0.92.1 release.

Its been a bit of a comedy of errors getting this far.  I'll add what
I learned to the reference guide.

Will try to do better next time (Maven 7, Stack 2)

St.Ack
P.S. Thanks to Ulrich for showing me how to skip running tests at each
stage of the release process.

Re: hbase-0.92.0 up in maven repository

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@ngmoco.com>.
Thanks stack. That's great.

Posted by N Keywal <nk...@gmail.com>.
Well done!

:-)

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Good news.

Looking forward to the artifacts propagated to
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hbase/hbase/

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Right. The problem was that my local ivy cache contained the hbase parent
which does not know about the tests jar. So, if you have cached the 0.92
poms between 03/02 and 03/06, you have to delete that entry from your
cache. Still not seeing the tests jars in search.maven.org bothers me a
little, but it think it is best to focus on releasing 0.92.1 instead.

Thanks Arvind,
Enis

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
2012/3/6 Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>:
> Thanks St.Ack. I don't see the test artifacts in [1] yet but that could be
> because it takes a few hours for the bits to propagate. I will check again
> later today/early tomorrow and if everything works will drop a note for
> confirmation.
>
> [1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hbase/hbase/0.92.0/
>
> Thanks,
> Arvind

I saw the tests jar. Yey... more happy coders.

Thanks St.Ack,

--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com/

Re: hbase-0.92.0 up in maven repository

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Pe 06.03.2012 08:51, Stack a scris:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Arvind Prabhakar<ar...@cloudera.com>  wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Stack<st...@duboce.net>  wrote:

>>> Are you thinking the above will succeed though there is already a
>>> 0.92.0 release?  Are you expecting that this deploy will be merged w/
>>> what is already released?
>>>

>> Yes - I think so, although I have not tried it myself before. That said, If
>> you absolutely do not want to take any chances, then you could stage both
>> the main artifact as well as the test artifact before closing the staging
>> repository. In the worst case it will be an overwrite of existing bits with
>> the same binaries as before.
>>

> Let me give it a go Arvind.  Will report back.
> St.Ack

I believe you can generate the test jar with:

mvn jar:test-jar [1].

And then deploy how Arvin mentioned. More details here [2], Section 7b:
Stage Existing Artifacts.

Regards,

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/test-jar-mojo.html
[2]
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide
--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com

Re: hbase-0.92.0 up in maven repository

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
> > We have documented the manual steps for doing this for Sqoop at:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/How+to+Release#HowtoRelease-PublishbinaryartifactsinMavenRepository
> >
> > If you can get to the locally built artifacts (say in your local maven
> > cache), you can use these instructions to publish them.
> >

> HBase 0.92.0 is beyond what these steps presume, right?  Its actually
> released minus the test jar.  The instructions don't seem to have any
> help for this particular predicament?

Here is one way to do it:

1. Checkout the sources associated with the release somewhere convenient.
2. Do a "mvn clean install" on these sources. This will hopefully
produce hbase-0.92.0-tests.jar under the target directory.
3. Make sure you have setup your settings.xml as described in the Sqoop
wiki page. Then run the following command using this artifact:

$ mvn gpg:sign-and-deploy-file -Dfile=./hbase-0.92.0-tests.jar
-DrepositoryId=apache.staging.https
-Durl=https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/
-Dgpg.keyname=<your-gpg-keyname> -Dclassifier=tests

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Downstream projects will be  very happy. Thanks Stack.

Need to get tests up there when we do 0.92.1, and security.
St.Ack

Re: hbase-0.92.0 up in maven repository

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.