Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Etienne Roy <er...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/06/06 16:34:11 UTC

Re: indefinite loop in Xerces ?

Hi all,

I just move to Xerces 1.4.0, and I still have the same problem...
Can anyone advise me on that ?

Thanks

--
Etienne

                    Etienne
                    Roy/Watson/IBM       To:     general@xml.apache.org
                    @IBMUS               cc:
                                         Subject:     indefinite loop in Xerces ?
                    05/09/2001
                    02:17 PM
                    Please respond
                    to general

Hi all,

I've been having problem validating instances against a schema, and
basically the problem comes from importing schemas.
Simplifying, the core problem is :
I have two namespaces, each one with it's schema and each one importing the
other. Xerces just loop and crashes creating validator.
AFAIK, the recursive inclusion of the schemas is allowed by the spec. The
definitions are not recursive, it's just
that the namespaces need definitions included in each other.

Is it a known issue in Xerces ?

Thanks for any help.

--
Etienne

PS: more specific information:

using xerces 1.3.1 w/  java version "1.3.0"
testing w/ sax.SAXCount -v

test schemas:

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
        xmlns:first="http://www.first.test"