Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "skanth2012@gmail.com" <sk...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/07 08:07:48 UTC

Using function in fiter query

Hi,

I need help on using a custom function in filter query. Can anyone help on
how to get it wokring. Below is the problem statement.

Have a date field in long and a buffer time in milliseconds in the documents
which can vary.

startTime: 1538866800000
bufferTime: 86400

Need to query for docs who's startTime is currentTime - bufferTime

like:

fq=startTime:[* TO sub(NOW, bufferTime)]

Thanks,
skanth

Re: Using function in fiter query

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Skanth,
You can use FunctionRangeQueryParser to do that:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/other-parsers.html#OtherParsers-FunctionRangeQueryParser <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/other-parsers.html#OtherParsers-FunctionRangeQueryParser>

Let us know if you are having troubles forming query. You have examples in https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/function-queries.html#FunctionQueries-UsingFunctionQuery <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/function-queries.html#FunctionQueries-UsingFunctionQuery>

HTH,
Emir