Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by RamAESIS <rs...@hcl.in> on 2009/02/24 09:03:24 UTC

Dirty check clarification

Hi,

I have a scenario as described below:

I have two entities A and B which are not related.
1.Begin transaction
2.Retrieve A
3.Retrieve B
4.Mutate A and B
5.Call EntityManeger.merge(A)
6.Call commit (when committing the state of both A and B is written to
database eventhough i have called merge only for entity A)

Is there any way to avoid saving all the dirty objects with the database
during commit?

Regards,
Ram

Re: Dirty check clarification