Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2005/03/01 16:14:11 UTC

ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 Release Candidate 3

Hi all:

The Axis team would like to announce the release of Axis 1.2's third (and
final) Release Candidate.  This will be the LAST RC before 1.2 goes out.  We
expect to cut the final release in about a week's time (March 9th-10th).

This release has passed the JAX-RPC and SAAJ TCKs (barring a couple of tests
we are challenging because we feel they are incorrect).  Lots of changes for
better doc/lit data binding, bug fixes (including workarounds for .NET
problems), etc.

You can find it at:

http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis/1_2RC3/

Please pull it down, kick the tires, and forward any comments to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org!

Thanks,
--Glen on behalf of the Axis team

Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 Release Candidate 3

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
It looks like the servlet no longer creates a server-config.wsdd the
first time it's run - you have to actually deploy a service using the
Admin tool in order to get this generated. Many developers have been
using the shortcut of modifying the server-config.wsdd file directly to
include their application, to simplify deploying Axis as a web
application with preinstalled services. Can you please include a default
server-config.wsdd as part of the distribution?

Also, a note to other users: You now need to include saaj.jar and
common-discovery.jar in the classpath when running TCPMonitor -
otherwise you'll get class not found messages on the console and will
only see the request HTTP headers displayed. These jars were previously
not needed for TCPMonitor.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
Enterprise Java, XML, and Web Services
Training and Consulting
http://www.sosnoski.com
Redmond, WA  425.885.7197

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Axis Team !

I had reported some bugs few months ago (all about document/literal style).
Since i have had no notification from JIRA about these issues, should
somebody confirm that they are all fixed in this very new version. In this
case, closing fixed issue should help all the community... and me !!!
Thanks again.

--
Ephemeris Lappis