Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Clint Byrum <cl...@ubuntu.com> on 2011/01/20 19:35:48 UTC

Cassandra Ubuntu PPA stable release updated to 0.7.0

For anybody using the cassandra ubuntu stable release PPA, it is being
updated right now to 0.7.0.

This is just a heads up. I'd expect anybody using it to still use all
best practices from the cassandra documentation for upgrades, and not
just blindly apt-get upgrade. But either way, this is a big change and
worth noting.

The 0.7.0 packages are, IMO, of much higher quality than the 0.6
packages. In addition to using system versions of java libraries where
possible (allowing for updates/security fixes from the ubuntu teams to
be applied), it runs the unit tests on the build, so there is at least a
good chance of everything working.

Recently Launchpad has started publishing stats for PPAs, and just as an
FYI, there seem to be about 25 machines regularly subscribing to the
PPA. I'd be interested in hearing any feedback from people who are using
it, or who have chosen not to. Thanks!