Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Athanasios Tsitsipas <at...@uni-ulm.de> on 2015/06/07 15:05:16 UTC

Cartridge category list from the UI

Hi you state four different categories that might work for the 4.1.0
framework, data, application or load-balancer cartridge

At the UI, when I define a cartridge it has only lb, framework and data. The
lb with the load-balancer category will behave the same? Does it even matter
the category type? Or it is just for information?

Regards,

Thanos

RE: Cartridge category list from the UI

Posted by Athanasios Tsitsipas <at...@uni-ulm.de>.
Fine by that, but you have to change the samples, because they state load-balancer and also for the openstack the json file of the stratos-lb exists only in mock :/ … I want something that works for a composite application. How to exactly define the load balancer, with the proper port mapping and also how to define another cartridge (tomcat, php, nodejs etc) to use the ports of the load balancer. The stratos load balancer does tcp load balancing or http load balancing. I saw that from the nginx :)

Regards,

Thanos

In the cartridges we can define only three types of categories. As you mention those are  lb, framework and data. Application is the composite of those cartridges. As an example we can treat mysql as a data cartridge and php as a framework cartridge.We can make a application by using composite of php cartridge and mysql cartridge.

We need to specify the correct category. That's how we distinguished cartridges.As an example  if the cartridge category specify as the LB, then we identify it as a load balances cartridge and treat as a load balancer.

Thanks,
Gayan

--

Gayan Gunarathne