Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org> on 2020/02/16 19:50:05 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.30

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing FreeMarker 2.3.30!

As there were changes in the last few days, don't skip testing with
your dependent projects, even if you already did it recently.

Release Notes:
https://freemarker.apache.org/builds/2.3.30-voting/versions_2_3_30.html

Before proceed, you should know that FreeMarker 2.3.x, for a long
time, always releases a normal and a "gae" variant on the same time,
which are technically two independent source trees (Git branches). The
"gae" variant contains a few small modification in the Java source
code to be Google App Engine compliant, and has freemarker-gae as the
Maven artifact name. Otherwise the normal and the "gae" branches are
identical. Hence they will be voted on together.

The commits to be voted upon are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=freemarker.git;a=commit;h=2c481cdbabf3ff96d095d7509532f8b2bebd1a25
  Commit hash: 2c481cdbabf3ff96d095d7509532f8b2bebd1a25
- "gae" variant:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=freemarker.git;a=commit;h=196d28d8482445bff0f2272d388c2b717d454361
  Commit hash: 196d28d8482445bff0f2272d388c2b717d454361

The artifacts to be voted upon are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/freemarker/engine/2.3.30/source/
where the source release artifacts are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:
  apache-freemarker-2.3.30-src.tar.gz
- "gae" variant:
  apache-freemarker-gae-2.3.30-src.tar.gz

See the README.md inside them for build instructions!

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ddekany.asc

For convenience, we also provide binaries, which also need to be checked:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/freemarker/engine/2.3.30/binaries/
and Maven artifacts in the ASF Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/freemarker/freemarker/2.3.30/

Please try out the package and vote!

The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s) is reached.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache FreeMarker 2.3.30
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Please add "(binding)" if your vote is binding.

 Daniel Dekany

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.30

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

build and tests are successful on both the normal and gae variant; valid
signatures and checksums

Jacopo

Posted by Christoph Rüger <c....@synesty.com>.
+1
No regressions in our test suite.

Am So., 16. Feb. 2020 um 20:50 Uhr schrieb Daniel Dekany <ddekany@apache.org

--
Christoph Rüger, Geschäftsführer
Synesty <https://synesty.com/> - Anbinden und Automatisieren ohne

--
Synesty GmbH
Moritz-von-Rohr-Str. 1a

Geschäftsführer: Christoph Rüger

Unternehmenssitz: Jena
Handelsregister B beim Amtsgericht: Jena

Handelsregister-Nummer: HRB 508766
Ust-IdNr.: DE287564982

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.30

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Tested it with "freemarker-generator" - no problems so far but did not have time to check the to be released artifacts

Thanks in advance,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1 (binding)

Works for me in UI and with integration tests

Jacques

Posted by David E Jones <de...@dejc.com>.

Posted by Daniel Dekany <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.