Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Roopa Prabhu <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/07 05:49:39 UTC

adding custom jars to zeppelin

Hi,

I would like to use mongodb as my data source and therefore need to
access/use spark-mongodb api's in zeppelin UI, to generate my temporary
tables.
Is it possible to add these jars ? Can I add the maven/sbt dependencies for
the same? If so, what are the steps to be followed to access these api's in
the zeppelin UI

RP

Re: adding custom jars to zeppelin

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Dependencies are downloaded into directory 'local-repo' under ZEPPELIN_HOME.

Thanks,
moon

Posted by Roopa Prabhu <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Sure,

just use the notation as described, i.e "com.stratio:spark-mongodb:0.8.0"

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Roopa Prabhu <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Alexander.
>
> Can I always load other dependencies int he same manner? for example if I
> want to load Stratio mongodb-spark connectors:
>
> "com.stratio.deep" % "deep-mongodb" % "0.7.0",
> "com.stratio" % "spark-mongodb" % "0.8.0"
>
> Can I load them in the same manner?
>
> RP
>

> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Alexander Bezzubov <ab...@nflabs.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Roopa,
>>
>> thanks for your interest!
>>
>> This is definitely possible and the simplest way would be to use a
>> dependency loading mechanism that is embedded in Zeppelin using "%dep" in
>> the first paragraph as described here
>> http://zeppelin.incubator.apache.org/docs/interpreter/spark.html#dependencyloading
>> to get mongo jars in a classpath.
>>
>> --
>> Alexander
>>
>> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Roopa Prabhu <ro...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to use mongodb as my data source and therefore need to
>>> access/use spark-mongodb api's in zeppelin UI, to generate my temporary
>>> tables.
>>> Is it possible to add these jars ? Can I add the maven/sbt dependencies
>>> for the same? If so, what are the steps to be followed to access these
>>> api's in the zeppelin UI
>>>
>>> RP
>>>

>> --
>> --
>> Kind regards,
>> Alexander.

Kind regards,
Alexander.

Re: adding custom jars to zeppelin

Posted by Roopa Prabhu <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Alexander.

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Hi Roopa,

thanks for your interest!

This is definitely possible and the simplest way would be to use a
dependency loading mechanism that is embedded in Zeppelin using "%dep" in
the first paragraph as described here
http://zeppelin.incubator.apache.org/docs/interpreter/spark.html#dependencyloading
to get mongo jars in a classpath.

--
Alexander

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Roopa Prabhu <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use mongodb as my data source and therefore need to
> access/use spark-mongodb api's in zeppelin UI, to generate my temporary
> tables.
> Is it possible to add these jars ? Can I add the maven/sbt dependencies
> for the same? If so, what are the steps to be followed to access these
> api's in the zeppelin UI
>
> RP

Kind regards,
Alexander.